   Re: [xml-dev] UBL 2, W3C Schema extensibility, and multiple

Ken,

I realise this has been a bit painful so I'll try not to prolong this,
but for my benefit :-

>   <xs:complexType name="extension">
>     <xs:sequence>
>       <xs:any namespace="##other" processContents="skip"
>               minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
>     </xs:sequence>
>   </xs:complexType>

I appreciate that you have processContents='skip' and therefore from
an XSD validating parser perspective that content will (must) not be
validated (but you will or may be validating it elsewhere right), but
doesn't the complexType still act as a sort of specification what the
allowable content is (at least to a reader who may not have yet gotten
to a description of the layered validation approach that you are
promoting), and in this case specifically dis-allows content that has
no namespace affiliation as the immediate child of the extension
element ?

I guess this may be what you want though so, in that case does this :-

> and make it a layered business rule that UBL-namespaced constructs
> (of the four namespaces) are not allowed as immediate children of the
> UBL extension point based on your earlier comment:

also need to state that the UBL extension MUST also *not * contain an
immediate child that has no namespace affiliation (or are you
proposing that so long as its not UBL namespaced content you don't
care).

Fraser.