   Namespace trouble (was xsd : root element not found)

Hello again.

I'm having trouble validating an xml file I've created against an xsd I've
made. I'm trying to use a modular design in my XML Schema so that I can get
reuse out of elements I've defined. I'm using XMLSpy Home as my validation
tool.

When I attempt to validate my xml document, I'm getting the message that
it's hitting an unexpected element. Ironically, the unexpected element is in
fact the element it should be expecting. I believe the problem may be
related to namespace (which I'm not very good with).

Can anyone help me with this, or point me in the direction of a page that
might help? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Darren

**relevant code**

[from article.xml - the document being validated]

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<standaloneArticle
xmlns="http://globals.namespace.org/content/xml/xsd/v10/article/single/";

xsi:schemaLocation="http://globals.namespace.org/content/xml/xsd/v10/article
/single/ standaloneArticle.xsd">
  <article>
  </article>
</standaloneArticle>

----------------------------------
[from standaloneArticle.xsd]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<xs:schema
targetNamespace="http://globals.namespace.org/content/xml/xsd/v10/article/si
ngle/"
  xmlns:sar="http://globals.
namespace.org/content/xml/xsd/v10/article/single/"
  xmlns:art="http://globals.namespace.org/content/xml/xsd/v10/article/";
  xmlns:ref="http://globals.namespace.org/content/xml/xsd/v10/reference/";
  elementFormDefault="qualified"
  attributeFormDefault="qualified">
  <!-- import of external definitions -->
  <xs:import
namespace="http://globals.namespace.org/content/xml/xsd/v10/article/";
schemaLocation="article.xsd"/>
  <xs:import
namespace="http://globals.namespace.org/content/xml/xsd/v10/reference/";
schemaLocation="reference.xsd"/>
  <!-- definition of complex type elements -->
  <xs:element name="standaloneArticle">
    <xs:complexType>
      <xs:sequence>
        <xs:element ref="art:article" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1"/>
        <xs:element ref="ref:reference" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1"/>
      </xs:sequence>
    </xs:complexType>
  </xs:element>
</xs:schema>