   Associating a Stylesheet with a Document

  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: Associating a Stylesheet with a Document
  • From: "Joe Schaffner" <schaffner.joe@gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 12:48:05 +0300

Hello Everyone,

I've gotten to the point now where I understand all the components:
XML, XSL, XPath.

Thanks.

I saw the following example in an XML book:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?xml-stylesheet="simple-ie5.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>
<article ...
</article>

The stylesheet is named right in the input document!

I don't want to do that.

I'm looking for an out-of-band method of associating the stylesheet
and the document, and I was thinking of the http URL. It seems natural
to me that the URL for an XML application should point at the xsl, not
the xml -- which is meaningless to the browser.

Thanks, again.

Joe
A Lexicon of Ancient Greek Verbs
Written in HTML