   RE: [xml-dev] 10th anniversary of the annoucement of XML ..need he

  • To: "Rick Jelliffe" <rjelliffe@allette.com.au>,"Michael Kay" <mike@saxonica.com>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] 10th anniversary of the annoucement of XML ..need help
  • From: "Bullard, Claude L \(Len\)" <len.bullard@intergraph.com>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 13:51:53 -0500
  • Cc: "XML List Developers" <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>

It's ok.  I won't pay the Stamp Tax either.

Rashomon is the quintessential 'subjective' over 'objective' point of
view where even the narrator can't be trusted.   One can say that the
point of XML is to enable subjective systems with objective
implementations.   XML enables the lumpiness of scalar domains to be
dynamically smoothed just as official histories smooth over the
lumpiness of human personalities interacting in real time events.
Subjectivity like relativism admits that objective truth is not simply
expensive to have, it is unstable.  Sort of a topological K-theory of
markup and real-time.

My writing is much easier to understand than I am in person.

len

From: Rick Jelliffe [mailto:rjelliffe@allette.com.au]

Michael Kay said:
>> There are Rashomonic viewpoints
>
> Heh, some of us don't have English as our first language, could you
> stick to words found in www.dictionary.com please?

Finally Len writes something I understand, and you want discourage him!
:-)

"Rashomon" repeats the same violent story from different viewpoints, and
regularly makes it into the top 100 in "best film of all time" lists, eg
http://www.filmsite.org/alist.html