   RE: [xml-dev] RE : Re: [xml-dev] Tr: RE : [xml-dev] Enforcing use of xsi

But from my point of view, the abstract element may be better. My brain got
locked onto the use of xsi:type since the element had an existing Type
attribute that I planned to replace. I blame the fact that I have added
another year today.

Making the element abstract may actually be a better solution - instead of
using xsi:type with an existing element name and getting the implementer to
define his/her own type, I just get them to define an element and put it in
a substitution group. I will need to consult the EML Technical Committee as
the software developers among them may object to the change in element names
depending on context. Otherwise, it looks like back to the Schematron.

Regards

Paul