   Re: [xml-dev] JSON (was Re: [xml-dev] 10th anniversary of the annoucemen

David Megginson wrote:
> On 07/06/06, Tahir Hashmi <tnhashmi@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> > XML is cool. XML is useful. Is XML the permanent last word in
>> > markup specification languages? If not, what will be next?
>>
>> JSON? http://json.org/ http://www.json.org/xml.html
>

> JSON is data structures represented as JavaScript/ECMAScript source
> code, so that they can be loaded easily into web browsers -- it's
> certainly a strong competitor to XML in the AJAX space, but I'm not
> sure we'll see it for general data interchange.  If anyone wants to
> make some good arguments one way or another, I'd be happy to see them
> as a paper proposal for XML 2006.
>
> If people do want to use programming-language syntax to exchange
> generic data, I'm putting in a vote for LISP S-expressions before it's
> too late. Is anyone with me?

What about the opposite ? Using XML syntax for making programs ?

This is what I tried to achieved in the Active Tags suite :
http://disc.inria.fr/perso/philippe.poulard/xml/active-tags/active-tags/active-tags.html
(don't think that this is "yet another markup language" ; it is rather a
complete XML system where several markup languages can cooperate.)

The implementation :
http://reflex.gforge.inria.fr/

--
Cordialement,