   Re: [xml-dev] How Much of the Data in The World Is In XML Format?

> What a fun question.  Forget the numbers -- how does one
> even begin to define "the world's data"?
>
> Are we measuring in bytes or characters?
> Do copies count?  Caches?  Spam?  Video?

If you go for "The world's data" I wouldn't even be certain that most
data is stored electronically. See all the people in the households
collecting their bills and contracts and those huge, old archives on
paper and microfilm.

- Martin