   Re: [xml-dev] Conditional xml Schema

Why don't you define a Mango element and an Apple element, each with
their own structure? I'll bet there is even a way to define a Fruit
element, then derive an Apple and a Mango from Fruit. Then you would
instantiate either type of fruit, Apple or Mango, and get the proper
structure.
Joe
http://modern-greek-verbs.tripod.com/agv/
PS
It looks like you are trying to use the attribute to name the element
type, which would be unnecessary, and it would surprise me if xsd --
or any schema definition language -- would attribute class semantics
to the arrtibutes you create arbitrarily. You are trying to place your
metadata in the data domain.