   RE: [xml-dev] minOccurs maxOccurs doesnt seem to be working correctly in

  • To: Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com>, 'Paul Spencer' <xml-dev-list@boynings.co.uk>, xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] minOccurs maxOccurs doesnt seem to be working correctly in my schema
  • From: Marielou <marielou_h@yahoo.co.uk>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 18:28:32 +0100 (BST)

Yes I have just tested that if element <B> appears in
my XML file, I need to have element <C> as a child of
<B> for the file to validate. However, I am finding
that my schema is accepting <C> without <B> and so
that is what has been confusing me! Because I see that
on testing, my schema is seemingly accepting any
elements which are not defined in the schema and any
number of child elements defined in the schema despite
them having a restriction on the occurrences. For
example, i can type a brand new element in the XML <D>
not defining it in the schema, and this validates
also. And on testing, I also find I can take out all
occurrences of a child element of <A> from the XML and
validate ok, even if that element had maxOccurs="1" in
<A>. Though the type restrictions I put on elements
which do exist in my schema seem to be being checked
properly.

Marie Louise