   Re: [xml-dev] xml syntax for xpath

> One of the things I have understood from this presentation is that it is
> easier to transform XQuery into XSLT than into XQueryX :) ...

That's perhaps putting it a little strong:-) What is true is that
converting XQuery to XQueryX is a lot harder (due to several places
where the XQueryX schema has lurking surprises) than one might have
expected if XQueryX were "just" an alternative syntax. Converting FLWOR
to xsl:for-each/xsl:sort is harder, but no harder than expected in that
case.

I think the real question about whether XQueryX is suitable for teh
original poster is what is needed to express. For example if there is a
need to distinguish @foo and attribute::foo or //bar and
/descendant-or-self::node()/bar Then XQueryX is clearly not going to be
suitable. If there's a need to preserve Xpath2 (: comments :) then
neither
XQueryX nor xq2xml's native XMl format is quite what you want.

David

http://www.star.net.uk