   Re: [xml-dev] <xs:group> name versus id attributes

Le vendredi 23 juin 2006 à 18:57 -0400, Anne Thomas Manes a écrit :
> Can someone explain to me the difference between the name and id
> attributes in the <xs:group> element?

To make it short: the id attribute is only indicative as far as W3C XML
Schema is concerned and yo should use name attributes to identify
groups.

The id attributes are present in most W3C XML Schema elements. They are
not used by the schema language itself but had been added so that other
vocabularies may reference schema components by their id without having
to take care of the semantic of each component. As far as I remember, it
was expected that vocabularies such as RDF would use this feature.

Hope this helps.

Eric
--
GPG-PGP: 2A528005
Carnet web :

Ceci est une partie de message=?ISO-8859-1?Q?num=E9riquement?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?_sign=E9e?=