   Re: [xml-dev] Restrictions on existence of attributes?

> As far as I can tell, the masses of developers aren't clamoring for
> RELAX NG because they don't use any schema language except via some
> tool, and the tools don't support it.  Even if they did the schema files
> would just be some semi-opaque stuff in a project directory, not
> anything most developers would care much about the syntax of.

I can only speak for a few programming type geeky people from the stone
ages. Ignore if you wish, I'm used to it.

To me, whatever technology is in Relax-NG, it seems to have an image
problem. It isn't clear to a stone-age man what it can accomplish or
what it does.

So I can understand why it might be hard to get commercial support.

A year or so ago, I tried to find out what it was. But came to no
avail.

I'm still in the dark about a lot Relax-NG and its benefits and still
don't know. RSS I can kinda grasp, XSD ok yeah.. RelaxNG nfi

Maybe it just needs some nicer graphics, better tutorials or something
like that. Some clearer web pages....

It seems to be a communication issue rather than a technical one, that's
what I'm suggesting. Something that there is ample opportunity to
improve on if you wished.

Regards

David