Re: [xml-dev] Namespaces and attributes..

Thank you very much for your answer.

Two more question regarding this..

Are there any drawbacks using either attributeFormDefault="unqualified" or attributeFormDefault="qualified"...
My preference goes to unqualified, but thats just for 'beauty' reasons..

Is there a chance if some (XSD enabled or not)parsers will run into problems with the unqualified method? For example.. they could give the attribute the wrong namespace?

Thanks again,
Evert

Alain Pannetier wrote:
Hi Evert,

From what I understand :
 - If you are validating
 - against an XML Schema (XSD) and XSD declares

<schema xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";
    targetNamespace="urn:mynamespace"
    xmlns:a="urn:mynamespace"
    attributeFormDefault="unqualified" elementFormDefault="qualified">

Then you can use

<a:element att1="hello" />

If instead you have

    attributeFormDefault="qualified"