   Re: [xml-dev] trying to use abs()

As Michael pointed out, please post XSLT related questions at the
xsl-list hosted by www.mulberrytech.com.

To answer your present question, I would like to suggest a simple way
to implement abs() functionality in XSLT 1.0 (XSLT 2.0 has it
built-in, so no need to worry with XSLT 2.0).

Write a named template for this..

Here is the code:

<xsl:template name="abs">
   <xsl:param name="n" />

   <xsl:choose>
      <xsl:when test="$n &gt;= 0">
        <xsl:value-of select="$n" />
      </xsl:when>
      <xsl:otherwise>
        <xsl:value-of select="0 - $n" />
      </xsl:otherwise>
   </xsl:choose>
</xsl:template>

Call this as:

1)
<xsl:call-template name="abs">
    <xsl:with-param name="n" select="3" />
</xsl:call-template>

Will produce output: 3

2)
<xsl:call-template name="abs">
   <xsl:with-param name="n" select="-10" />
</xsl:call-template>

Will produce output: 10

Regards,
Mukul