   Copying text from a source, then converting to XML

  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: Copying text from a source, then converting to XML
  • From: Daniel Gresh <dgresh@lle.rochester.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 13:11:31 -0400

I have a question about this. Some of the question may not pertain to
XML, but if anyone knows a method, that'd be great.

So, I basically want to automatically search a large number of documents
for certain keywords. When I find that keyword, I want the paragraph the
keyword is in, not the page, to be copied and pasted somewhere. After
that, I want to convert the pasted text to XML.

Does anyone know a method for doing either of these tasks? Copying
certain paragraphs or substrings of text that have certain phrases in
them, then converting to XML? Perhaps there is a script of some sort? Or
a free program?

Any help would be appreciated.