Announce: XPontus XML Editor 1.0.0RC1
Lists Home |
Date Index |
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Announce: XPontus XML Editor 1.0.0RC1
- From: "Yves Zoundi" <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 14:06:39 -0400
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type; b=AiWQEg5csSH5IzBgvZhCACCwaRLHSH84cdrg0N219SJXIck1bhp8oMIdbKDXtjDH7enn4n5vxwPDgkmQYUfoQ2rgSAK8vsfeeP2phc8cQbD+j32bldBlMCThYaUhJjyfDSXcM8zF3w9Hd18yIX/6UXPUew8AfvjiGpHw1tWnguU=
XPontus(http://xpontus.sf.net) is a free java based XML editor
designed towards text editing. It aims to provide a free alternative to
commercial XML Editors.
As XPontus is written in Java it is available for all java enabled
operating systems. It has been reported to run correctly on Linux,
Windows, Mac OS X, Solaris and FreeBSD. There are many installers for
The software is distributed under the GNU GPL License.
This is the first release candidate of XPontus XML Editor 1.0.0. There
are now linux packages and a real windows installer.
Thanks to lots of comments, I tried to improve the user experience in
Changes to Project Administration
* Moved the revision control system from CVS to SVN
Changes to the Code Base
* Spring is used as container and for IOC.
* Changed from simple object serialization to XStream to save user
* Moved from observer pattern to JGoodies bindings for UI mappings
* Allowed the user to customize more settings(font, tab size, jtidy
* Add a tree view to browse the XML code structure
* Added support for XMLDiff
* The API has been cleaned to reuse code
Changes to Design
* No more annoying popup windows when you don't need them
Changes to the user interface
* Changed Splitpane windows to VlDocking framework components
* I never think of the future - it comes soon enough.
* The important thing is not to stop questioning.
*You can get everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want.