   Re: [xml-dev] RE: Why is there little usage of XML on the "visible Web"?

given
> ASSERTION #10
>

> Your information is most valuable when available on the visible Web.

then
> ASSERTION #11
>

> Web services are part of the hidden Web, and thus obsessing over their
> nature (e.g., SOAP versus REST) is not valuable.

raises argument:

Web services argument is not about knowledge as value, but about
process as  value. The Rest argument is basically that the SOAP
process is wasteful and thus destructive of value
( the Soap argument seems to have something to do with how cool 18
wheelers are but I have not as yet been able to understand it )

:)

 However the REST argument also is that one uses the same underlying
technology stack that is used to facilitate the Visible web, if at
some point the hidden web should be moved to the visible web using
REST means that one is in a potentially better position to do so.

Cheers,
Bryan Rasmussen