   RE: [xml-dev] RE: Why is there little usage of XML on the"visible Web"?

Hello

Bryan said:
For something to be valuable there should be a potential to extract
value from it. I cannot, and most people cannot, extract value from
the knowledge of either Paris or Addis Ababa as capital cities
(Jeopardy players are an exception ) what one can extract value from
is the sort of knowledge about the places that enables understanding
of their futures, basically since extracting value is a process that
cannot be done immediately.

Didier replies:
So, the bottom line is that if there only value in reading the information,
then this is why HTML is the web's king and why XML a barely existing
shadow. If, on the other hand, there is more to do then read the info and if
the publisher has some vested interests to make it available for other
purposes then reading it, then we will see a shift toward XML. It is as
simple as that.... :-)

Cheers
Didier PH Martin