   RE: [xml-dev] Re: Why is there little usage of XML on the 'visible Web'?

There's still something missing: objectives. It assumes you know what I am trying to achieve.

In that light #14 is nonsense. A web service that provides information about new car models to motor dealers before the information becomes available to the public might be very useful and beneficial; or at any rate, it might be what I want to create.

Michael Kay

From: Costello, Roger L. [mailto:costello@mitre.org]
Sent: 21 July 2006 15:17
To: XML Developers List
Subject: [xml-dev] Re: Why is there little usage of XML on the 'visible Web'?

Hi Folks,

Many thanks for the excellent comments.

I have revised several assertions in light of your comments.  I invite your critique of these new assertions.

ASSERTION #13

The more an information resource becomes available (in an appropriate way) on the visible Web, the more potentially useful/beneficial it becomes to the Web community.

ASSERTION #14

Web services are part of the hidden Web, and are useful/beneficial only to the extent they are able to provide information in an appropriate fashion to the visible Web

ASSERTION #15

Focus your main efforts on making information available on the visible Web in an appropriate fashion such that the benefits of doing so are maximized, and without introducing a detrimental impact.

 /Roger