   Re: [xml-dev] [SUMMARY #1] Why is there little usage of XML on the'visib

IMHO, when the idea of XML + XSLT was first stirred up, I think there
was a window of time in which the idea could be rapidly adopted, or
pushed to the side. Inconsistencies and defectiveness of the browser
support meant it was pushed the side.

Didier, are you really commenting on XML + XSLT "on the visible Web", as
Roger has defined it?  I agree that the client side experience *can* be
enhanced through transforms. But if all that's being done is presenting
plain-old-HTML it doesn't seem worth it.  Perhaps I'm being too literal
here.