   RE: [xml-dev] [SUMMARY #1] Why is there little usage of XML on the'visib

Hello Michael,

Michael said:
Since about 1993 there has never been a window of time in which new
technologies could be rapidly adopted client-side; it has always been
necessary to wait a few years until a significant proportion of the
installed base of browsers supported the technology in question.

Didier replies:
Or that a re-branding effort occurs. Just to mention the AJAX re-branding of
DHTML or any other name people gave to scripting client side. What made AJAX
a successful re-branding was the addition of a missing piece to the
equation: the capacity to communicate with the server in the context of a
current document (without the need to reload a new document). I personally
think that re-branding XSLT will also need a missing piece: complete two way
data marshalling with RDB. When (if we ever get this) this will be
available, the trick will be to invent a new brand, re-brand the toolset, do
some examples and let the PR engine do its work....

Cheers
Didier PH Martin