   Re: [xml-dev] CLAX - Client-side functionality - OFFTOPIC, Firefoxsuppor

> The symptoms are easy to state: An XML developer cannot make a document
> available to an unknown recipient  (human or machine) - the "client" -
> and assume it has any tools for processing XML. Typical examples are:
> - I cannot mount an SVG document and assume that the client can view it.
> (see, for example, http://jodi.tamu.edu/Articles/v05/i01/Murray-Rust/
> where the SVG used to work in a majority of browsers and now fails in
> Firefox).

Sorry Peter, I know you wanted this thread to stay on topic, but there
has been a lot of xml-dev talk lately about how Firefox has poor support
of SVG. That may not be your argument but I wanted to point out that the
SVGs in that file don't work in Firefox because they aren't wellformed.
Once you correct the incorrect GE ref to &ns_graphs;(and the sodipodi
element in the 3rd one), Firefox can handle it. Even though Firefox
supports SVG 1.1 it attempts to display the 1.0 document presented and
does so almost 100% consistent to Adobe's renderer. Inkscape also
supports the document primarily because of its status as an editor and
the expectation that it would be attempting to render incomplete documents.

Kind regards,
Jeff Rafter