   RE: [xml-dev] [SUMMARY #1] Why is there little usage of XML on the 'vis

At 20:58 23/07/2006, Didier PH Martin wrote:
>Hello Peter,
>
>Wow pretty ambitious.
>
>After checking the references mentioned in your post I saw that bioeclipse
>based on a java wall to wall universe is well advanced and on a good track
>to fulfill your requirements.

Thanks,
Bioclipse is, indeed, an exciting possibility. It should be able to
support a lot of mainstream chemistry and our developer community is
committed. The main problem is that asking mainstream chemists to
install an application framework as large and complex as
Eclipse/Bioclipse may frighten them. So I think we also need a
lightweight approach.

P.

>Cheers
>  Didier PH Martin

Peter Murray-Rust
Unilever Centre for Molecular Sciences Informatics
University of Cambridge,
Lensfield Road,  Cambridge CB2 1EW, UK
+44-1223-763069