Re: [xml-dev] XML aggregation question?

Andrew S. Townley wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-08-28 at 11:49, Robin Berjon wrote:
>
>>On Aug 26, 2006, at 12:16, peter murray-rust wrote:
>>
>>>I'd be interested in other experiences, especially about scale to
>>>medium-sized docucentric apps - millions but not billions of nodes.
>>
>>It's worth checking out Monet DB as well, it has interesting
>>characteristics.
>

> Monet DB seems quite cool and worth further investigation.  The URL for
> Monet DB is here:  http://www.monetdb.nl/.

things to be aware of with Monet;

* UPDATE: I think that XUPDATE mechanism or extensions to XQUERY for
performing updates is non existent....with SOAP in a usable state (but I
dont use SOAP...XML-RPC is enough for me)

* XQUERY: XQuery support is partial, would be nice to know what % of
XQUERY Test Suite passes in Monet DB, check here
http://monetdb.cwi.nl/XQuery/Documentation/Language/XQuery/

I reviewed Monet a while back and found it an excellent piece of
software, especially for those who are more RDBMS minded.

If you do evaluate or end up using, pls post back with your exp!

--Jim Fuller