ID Conflicts in Namespaces.

	(Woo! Looks like XML-DEV is back!)

	Hi!

	I have a question. To illustrate it, take a look at this markup:

<document xmlns="http://www.example.com/document";
xmlns:sample="http://www.sample.com/sample";>
	<paragraph id="one">This is a sample paragraph.</paragraph>
	<sample:text id="one">This is another sample paragraph.</sample:text>
</document>

	Let's assume that the schema for the "document" said that the "id"
attribute on "paragraph" was is an ID (as in the attribute type).
Let's also assume that the schema for the "sample" said that the "id"
attribute on "text" is an ID.

	Should a validation tool flag an error (e.g. using two identical IDs
in one document)?

	I don't think it ought to (since it's one document, but two
different schemas), but I also think of namespace-qualified document
fragments as being islands in and unto themselves.

	Anybody got any ideas? And pointers to specifications that define
what ought to be happening here?

--->Ben