GML as transport agent for sdbms

Hi,

I am trying to develop a decision support system which takes in information from a spatial database, perform some queries and publish the result in a well structured form(GML/XML) so that it can be used by the users. It should also be able to input information from the user and update the database accordingly.

I am having a spatial database (Postgres-postgis / oracle ) having spatial data. Now I want to use GML/XML as a transporting agent to do this data transportation for me. I should be able to take the GML data from the user and store it in the database and vice - verse.

I randomly did some net surfing, read some papers and books on XML/GML for finding out a way to do this. But still i am not able to find any heading. I am relatively new in this field. I will highly appreciate if you can guide me in this regard or can provide me with some links or similar work, basically some sort of heading.

It would be a great help If I can get some example xml/gml files and scripts for doing this work.

Thanks and Regards
Parang Saraf
parang.saraf@gmail.com