Re: [xml-dev] Generic XML Tag Closer </> (GXTC)

my 5c

</> is a syntax element and as long as something else understands the
semantics - it will do fine

however...

</tag> is semantic which means the parser/processor does not need
external information to make a descision about the correctness and
completeness of the information.

For those who remember the programming language discussions of 20+ years
ago (and today?) this issue must have a strong feeling of deja vu.

eg

function X {.....} /* end of X */

;)

rick