RE: [xml-dev] SGML complexity

Michael Kay said:
>> I do not doubt that XSLT is used. But if an Amazon query
>> returns 4712 results for books on Javascript, 1362 for XSLT,
>> and 11065 for PHP...
>
> ... then it shows that a lot of people have struggled to write a good
> book on Javascript, but someone has written such a good book on XSLT
> that it cornered the market.
>
> Sorry, couldn't resist.
>
> Michael Kay
> http://www.saxonica.com/

I see you point.

Slow TPC index for XSLT 'shows' that site basics are flawed.

A low number of search engine hits for XSLT 'means' that less people hate it.

Larger number of returns for string (XSLT sucks) 'proves' that other
comunities feel panic by the new standard.

Larger number of books published 'indicates' that either XSLT writers are
smarter ones or that other languages are more difficult to learn and
manage.

With so convincing arguments I am ready to turn my mind ;-)

Juan R.

Center for CANONICAL |SCIENCE)