len

From: sterling [mailto:sstouden@thelinks.com]

What exactly do you mean "... attempts at universality reflects the
complexity of the task as much as the tool"?

Tools should resolve complexity to functional utility, but without
complexity there would be little chance to achieve universality.
Differential equations and vectors are tools that handle the complexity
of real world space, time and shape problems. Few understand the tools,
fewer still understand the problem, and no one has a complete grasp of the
whole, still it works. Reduce the complexity of the universe below its
point of universality and you lose the ability for it to support its
current dependents.

The deficiency is "tools that make useful" the complex.

To restate the problem as a need:

A language comprehensive to all information.