Re: [xml-dev] processing instruction with 'xml' target

Richard Tobin said:
> In article
> <3739.217.124.88.224.1158247177.squirrel@webmail.canonicalscience.com>
> you write:
>
>>However, Liam Quin says,
>>
>>"if there is any leading whyte space or a comment before the XML
>> declaration, it becomes instead a processing instruction that happens
>> to use the reserved target "xml".
>>
>>The spec does not explicitly forbid this."
>
> I expect that Liam (like me) didn't notice that it's forbidden by the
> grammar as well as being described as reserved.
>
> -- Richard

That is right, thanks.

Just another quote. Now from Norman Walsh:

"The document begins with a processing instruction: <?xml ...?>. This is
the XML declaration [Section 2.8]. "

[http://www.xml.com/pub/a/98/10/guide0.html?page=3]

Juan R.

Center for CANONICAL |SCIENCE)