Re: [xml-dev] processing instruction with 'xml' target

> <quote>
> Actually, no: the XML declaration isn't a PI <they refer here to the
> formal spec/>. But in most cases it really doesn't make any difference
> whether it is or not, so feel free to look at it as one if you wish.
> </quote>

I believe this is addressed to the mythical average developer who
cannot be counted on to understand the difference between these
things, pragmaticism is a wonderful tool for calming the average
developer. If you consider yourself to be mythical, please be so
calmed.

> <quote>
> Trying to get the text of the XML declaration from an XML parser. Some
> parsers erroneously treat the XML declaration as a PI, and will pass it on
> as if it were, but many will not.
> </quote>

thus, because people sometimes do things incorrectly the incorrect way
is the correct way.

This is by far the most perma of all permathreads I have read so far,
and yet the least deserving of being so.

Kudos!

Bryan Rasmussen