RE: [xml-dev] (In)Validate My Assumptions on Linking.

At 20:31 02/10/2006, Nathan Young -X \(natyoung - Artizen at Cisco\) wrote:
>I had a busy week so didn't get to reply to this in a timely way.
>
>Many people seem to have ideas about linking use cases... xlink was
>implemented to handle some of them, XHTML some more, topic maps some as
>well... RDF... I know not every implementation is working to support the
>same set.  Would it help to enumerate the use cases we are talking about
>when we say "links"??

I think this is extremely useful. At the zeroth level it allows
people to navigate through to their case(s) and find whether there
are already solutions.

For my part I am interested in adding some form of "typing" and
validation to the links - do the links actually point to the sort of
"object" they say they do, and also to consistency of links.

If this can be pursued by the list I think it will have considerable
general benefit.

P.

Peter Murray-Rust
Unilever Centre for Molecular Sciences Informatics
University of Cambridge,
Lensfield Road,  Cambridge CB2 1EW, UK
+44-1223-763069