ANN: smallx XProc implementation preview available

I'm happy to announce that I have a release of my new XProc
implementation from the smallx project.  You can download an
installer from:

https://smallx.dev.java.net/files/documents/2680/41680/smallx-xproc-preview-2006-1.jar

To install it, just run the jar file either via 'java -jar' or by
double-clicking on the jar file.   This release requires a Java 1.5 JVM.

As the working draft just came out, there are many things that this
implementation does not do.  That is all described in the
documentation in the install.

The install contains several examples from simple to complex.  There
is documentation on how to run those examples.  Start with the
'docs/start.html' file and go from there.

Also, this is an experimental release.  Please let me know if you have
any trouble installing or running pipelines.  There is also a mailing
list for support issues and a bug database available at:

    http://smallx.dev.java.net

There is a full API for writing components but that documentation
is not included.  You'll find the implementation (and javadoc) via
these two Java.net projects--smallx and the infoset project at:

    http://infoset.dev.java.net

Keep in mind that this is an implementation written against a *first*
draft.  As such, things will change! :)

--Alex Milowski