Re: [xml-dev] RE: Is schemaLocation just a hint in schema import?

This seems another instance where the schema
folks changed the path of the XML standard. In a
DTD, it is the last definition read that becomes
the definition - seems like the import rules
should treat schemas in the same way. The only
place that seems like it needs special handling
is with redefine in the situation that I just got caught in.

I have Schema A that is imported into Schema B, I
then redefine Schema A and import Schema B. This
also seems to be a implementation dependent
problem and the solution that was proposed but I
haven't tested was to remove the schema location
on the import of Schema A into schema B. I find
it strange that some how the physical file
location might control part of the triggering of
this rule. Seems to me that the namespace should
be the equivalent of specifying a file location, but maybe it isn't.

How about a push to simplify XML schema instead
of changing the syntax and features of the core XML spec?

..dan