Re: [xml-dev] revision control for xml, was: Re: [xml-dev] Working with Wordies ...

At 2006-10-16 09:03 +0200, bryan rasmussen wrote:
>So, are there any CVS systems that are especially good for tracking
>changes in xml documents?

That depends ... I use CVS to track the changes
in my XML documents because the documents are
simple text, but it is not done in a way that
marks up the document with the changes that can
then be processed downstream by an XML-based process.  I just use diff.

Is that the nature of your question, a CVS system
that embeds change tracking information in an XML
document?   I personally haven't heard of such a system.

And which "track changes vocabulary" would such a
system use ... is there a particular one you would anticipate using?

I wonder of Robin can comment on DeltaXML ...
http://www.deltaxml.com ... I remember hearing
that that tool marks the differences in XML
documents, and it might do so with change markup
in the documents themselves.  Perhaps it has an
integration with CVS.  I don't know which "track
changes vocabulary" it might be using.

I hope this helps.

--
UBL/XSLT/XSL-FO training: Allerød/Vårø Denmark 2006-11-13,17,20/24
UBL International 2006  2006-11-13/17 http://www.ublconference.com