A design problem

Hi,

I need a suggestion for an xml design in my project.

We have a requirement to build a rules engine which will be accessed very frequently(almost after every screen) to get a rule result. The rules engine will have about 100 rules, and when we pass the input information it will process again all the rules and returns the matched.

I could only think of using a database table to implement this rules engine. For that I need to call DB after each screen to check if any rules matched. But this is going effect the performance of the system. The other way is to get all rules initially, preserve it with message that you send between server and client, and use to get the matched rules whenever needed. But the increased message size will again cause degrade in system performance if the rules size goes big.

And new rules will added to the rules engine by admin people, whenever needed.

Could you please suggest the alternative ideas to implement this.

(We use xml based j2ee framework.)

Thanks

vinay.

This email originates from AXA Services Limited (reg. no. 446043) which is a service company for AXA UK plc (reg. no. 2937724) and the following companies within the AXA UK plc Group:

AXA Insurance Plc (reg. no. 932111)

AXA Insurance UK Plc (reg. no. 78950)

AXA General Insurance Limited (reg. no. 141885)

All of the above mentioned companies are registered in England and have their registered office at 5 Old Broad Street, London EC2N 1AD, England.

AXA Insurance UK plc is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

This message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this in error, you should not disseminate or copy this email. Please notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your system.

Please also note that any opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of The AXA UK Plc Group.

Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure, or error free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, late in arriving or incomplete as a result of the transmission process. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of email transmission.

Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for viruses. The AXA UK Plc Group accept no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.