Re: [xml-dev] How DOMError operates?

* Massimiliano Guastafierro wrote:
>I have some questions on DOMError (and DOMLocator)...

If you have trouble understanding the DOM Level 3 Core specification,
you should send comments to the www-dom@w3.org or public-webapi@w3.org
mailing lists so the Working Group maintaining the document can track
your issues and eventually fix the specification.

>I would want to know when DOMError is used.

Objects implementing the DOMError interface are generated and reported
to the DOM application by the DOM implementation, in accordance with
the relevant DOM specification. It is uses when the specification says
it is used.

>In the DOMError object location is a DOMLocator object but i don't understand
>if DOMLocator Uri is the document Uri and how to define UTF16 and Byte
>offset.

It is the resource identifier the DOMLocator is pointing to. Offsets
are set according to where the error occurs. For example, if you load
a document using DOM Level 3 Load and Save and have the disallow-
doctype parameter set to true, and the document you are loading has
a document type declaration, the offset would typically point to the
beginning of the document type declaration.

>What are the DOMError and DOMLocator constructors?

There are none, they are not needed. In a DOM implementation, you'd
likely have some internal constructor to create such objects, but
this is not of concern to the DOM application.