Re: [xml-dev] Style in XSL

XSLT and XPath questions would be better posted to the following list:

There are a number of subscribers who would
enthusiastically respond to such questions.

There is also an *excellent* XSLT FAQ at:

   http://www.dpawson.co.uk

At 2006-10-23 13:44 +0200, Tomaz Klančnik wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm operating with several XML files, all with similar structure:
>name: try1.xml
><tree>
>  <branch>
>   text<br/>
>      more text <br/>
>      even more text <br/>
>  </branch>
></tree>
>
>and here is my problem. one tag has a long-free text availabilty. And I would
>
>XSL stylesheet i'm using has this structure:
>----
><xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
>xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";>
><xsl:template match="/">
>F1
>-----
>
>XSL in this case ignore HTML tags.

It is your stylesheet that is ignoring them

>Is there any way to persuade XSL to use them
>within <table> tag?

If you have <xsl:template match="table"> then you could choose something like:

   <xsl:copy-of select="."/>

to preserve the entire table.

But this is only a guess because you haven't
given enough information of your details with
which to give a more complete answer.  The
stylesheet fragment of yours that made it through
my mailer seems very succinct ... perhaps there
is more to it than I can see because of your use of HTML.

You can choose to preserve any part of your input
tree as you construct your output tree.

I hope this helps.

. . . . . . . . . . Ken

p.s. Just last weekend I published the latest
editions of my two XSL books ... you are welcome
to download the free preview excerpts that may
help you better understand how XSL works:

   Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
   (XSL Transformations and the XML Path Language)
   Twelfth Edition - 2006-10-15 - ISBN 978-1-894049-14-6
   Copyright (c) 2006 Crane Softwrights Ltd.
   / 388 Pages / Subscription price includes no-charge updates, /
   /           / soft-copy of included examples, and an         /
   /           / accessible rendition and 10 PDF renditions.    /
   /           / No-charge 121-page download preview excerpt.   /
   / No-charge prepaid copy for every U.S. Government employee. /

   Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
   (Extensible Stylesheet Language Formatting Objects)
   Sixth Edition - 2006-10-16 - ISBN 978-1-894049-15-3
   Copyright (c) 2006 Crane Softwrights Ltd.
   / 478 Pages / Subscription price includes no-charge updates, /
   /           / soft-copy of included examples, and an         /
   /           / accessible rendition and 10 PDF renditions.    /
   /           / No-charge 244-page download preview excerpt.   /
   / No-charge prepaid copy for every U.S. Government employee. /

--
UBL/XSLT/XSL-FO training: Allerød/Vårø Denmark 2006-11-13,17,20/24
UBL International 2006  2006-11-13/17 http://www.ublconference.com