RE: [xml-dev] [FOSI] was RE: [xml-dev] XML has arrived

1)  We care.  Those are our people out there.  Politics only enter into that
obligation as regards procurement.  Never break faith with those who have
not broken faith with you.  It sounds cherry, but that is what team means.

2)  They use ANYTHING to make repairs.  During one brouhaha, the repair guys
told me they collected soda cans, cut them, and used them patch flak holes.
They will disassemble and reassemble anything from spare parts even if the
vendor told them not to.  There are no Radio Shacks in the Indian Ocean.

3)  Real-time X3D can do things PDF can't do.  Drilldown IS the problem.  It
is faster and much more informative to jump to the correct viewpoint and
auto rotate into position.  It is also easy to convert the CAD drawings into
X3D than any PDF.  Try chat inside PDF.  Now try it inside even the cheapest
3D with freeware and unencumbered IP.  If your customers don't get this,
then they are about to spend themselves poor.

4) Parts handling databases are already advanced.  That bit most of us
understand.

5) Running forever.  See B52 and HAWK.  Hardware systems often outlive
software operating systems and programming languages.  Not news.

len