XML Drilldown...

Quoting Len Bullard <cbullard@hiwaay.net>:

> ..

Hi Len,

It finally occurred to me what you might have been talking about the
other day with xml drilldown problems. It came to me in one of those
moments when I was doing something completely unrelated.

Were you implying that in the military there is a problem with product
drilldown? for example; an armoured car has a problem. But it is the
radio. The vehicle is made by Chrysler.. but the problem is with the
radio.. made by say Shiwatsu..

The parts-lookup program drilldown only goes to the radio unit. Then
you need a completely different program to get the diagrams for the
radio.

Then, after finding the part number. There are five different parts
suppliers that are able to supply the same part at different prices.

Actually, this is the classic modern industrial parts dillemma. Too
many items from too many suppliers.

But wasn't xml going to solve all that..? :-) One would think that it could...

Regards

David