Re: [xml-dev] local unqualified element names and default namespaces

Ooops - suffering from multiple personality disorder!... For the benefit of
the list (or otherwise)...
-------------------

Many thanks Michael.

As to why, someone asked me, and I started with great confidence,... which
then eroded away!

I know it's not a favoured pattern, but for data binding I actually think it
makes a lot of sense.

If you then use Venetian blind (I think that's the right one - mainly global
types) design, you don't need any more namespace declarations, which roughly
mirrors program code design.  e.g.:

<tns:MyDetails xmlns:tns="http://www.abc.com";>
   <MyAddress>
        <name>Pete</name>
    </MyAddress>
   <MyCompany>
        <name>ABC</name>
    </MyCompany>
</tns:MyDetails>

Maps to MyDetails.MyAddress.name and MyDetails.MyCompany.name as opposed to
something like MyDetails.MyAddress.Address::name etc.

I appreciate it's more problematic for documents though, and especially
document manipulation where globally unique names make life easier.

Thanks again,

Pete.