Re: [xml-dev] Victory has been declared in the schema wars ...

Two themes in this thread strike me as naive.

The first naive theme is that the W3C is some kind of monopolistic force
that can, or tries to, force everyone to use every W3C standard.
Standards have to succeed in the open market, and the W3C has developed
both successful and unsuccessful standards. Being a W3C standard is
enough to get noticed, but not enough to ensure adoption. Which is good.

The second naive theme is that technical superiority ensures customer
demand. W3C XML Schema has the advantage that it is supported by most
XML tools; RELAX-NG does not. I prefer RELAX-NG, but at the companies I
have worked for, there has never been real customer demand for it.

Jonathan