len

From: Elliotte Harold [mailto:elharo@metalab.unc.edu]

More to the point, HTML5 is not XML. It is not well-formed, and in
general an HTML5 document cannot be made well-formed without crippling
it by removing quite a few elements. Therefore XML schema languages
really don't fit it at all.

Frankly I think this is insane, but it's what the HTML5 folks have told
me quite clearly.