From: Michael Kay [mailto:mike@saxonica.com]
Sent: Friday, December 15, 2006 4:48 PM
To: Klotz, Leigh; 'David Carlisle'
Cc: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: RE: [xml-dev] XML design of ((a and b) or c)

> Let me clarify the XSLT point: XSLT defines functions such as
> current() which are not in the XPath set.
> Those functions are not prefixed.  XForms and XSLT bear the
> same relationship to XPath.

Not quite he same relationship. XSLT and XPath were under the same
ownership. For some people, namespaces are all about ownership.

It would have been cleaner if the XSLT functions (as well as the XForms
functions) had been in a different namespace, however, and it would have
set
a better example to other working groups.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/