Re: [xml-dev] getting xml block from xml file

On 12/19/06, Seetha Rama Krishna <ram_kurra@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>              I am trying to get the xml block from an xml file. Here is my
> xml file
> <Man>
>    <Name>   <Name>
>    <age> <age>
>    <education>
>           <yearOfpassing> 2006</yearOfpassing>
>           <course>           </course>
>           <percentage>          </percentage>
>    </education>
> <education>
>            <yearOfpassing>          </yearOfpassing>
>            <course>           </course>
>            <percentage>          </percentage>
>     </education>
> </Man>
>  1) I want to retriev the education block from this xml file. I am using
> DOM. Here is my code
>
>  NodeList educationNodeList =rule.getElementsByTagName("education");
>  for(int i =0;i<educationNodeList.getLength();i++)
>         {
>             Node educationNode =educationNodeList.item(i);
>             System.out.println(educationNode.toString())
>        }

No idea. I have no idea even of java. Anyway Java objects smell like
heavyweight, so I dont kind of like a object creating inside a loop.
Lets try this one code:

 NodeList educationNodeList =rule.getElementsByTagName("EDUCATION");
 Node educationNode;
  for(int i =0;i<educationNodeList.getLength();i++)
         {
             educationNode =educationNodeList.item(i);
             System.out.println(educationNode.toString())
        }

> any ideas are welcome

Is .toString right here?