Re: [xml-dev] rules for validation of xml file

Hi,

1) If JAXP feature is set for validation, then one has to provide the DTD to validate the XML is made according to the DTD rules set. This will be taken care by the JAXP.

2) The Tags, Elements, attributes etc DTD rules will be read and the same will be checked against the reading XML. Any unknown Tags etc is there JAXP will be intimating to the program thro exceptions.

regards,
Shrik's