Re: [xml-dev] json v. xml

Maybe the over and over again differences of opinion as to how
things should be done could be solved ?  Consider:

1) Produce a complete list of functionalities (a portal)
   1.a  independent of language or vendor
   1.b. indexing every possible function
   1.c. user selects function options
   1.d. portal sequences functions
   1.e. portal creates executables to accomplish user intention.

2) function separated into I/O interoperable API components
3) APIs provide inter connect for each functionality
4) Standards are defined in results produced, not technical
   requirements needed to produce the defined result.
5) vendors produce I/O interconnections (API)
6) functions listed must comply with finished result standards.

Users blindly create on the fly aps from a GUI.

1. users assemble desired functions
2. GUI announces and assembles functions
   [with help and explainations to guide users].
3. vendors select functions they wish to support
   (instead of user learn the language),
4. vendors create the API (even the APIs could
   be vendor specific )

Users pay by function selected depending on the
vendor requirements or existing paid for licenses.

Basically a Web Interconnect -Portal (WI-P)
and a Server Interconnect- Portal (SI-P)
would need to be constructed.

The software however written in whatever language need
no longer conform to any standards, nor would it need to
be turing complete or anything else. Instead
standardized inter operability would allow all users to
implement standard results from selected functions.

vendors would write their functions to produce the
result and users would select the functions knowing
the result it will produce.  All of the rest of the
stuff would be hidden.

me