Re: [xml-dev] new release of yax - an Java XProc Implementation: new compontent implementations / documentation extended

Hi, it looks like you've been doing some good work there.  I've been
waiting for a nice implementation to emerge and help with the project.

Ssuggestions:

One, it's quite verbose during runtime.  It would be nice to be able
to set the verbosity (i.e. able to hide default transformer warnings
and such)

Also, it would be nice to have, by default, the resulting document be
printed to stdout by default.  Putting the output in a standard
location is ok, but it diminishes the utility of the program to be
able to be put in (command) pipes and such.

For example:

java -classpath bin net.sf.yax.Yax examples/example1.xproc
examples/example1.xml | mail ...

To automatically e-mail results, or whatever.

Also, it doesn't look like you've uploaded the source code to your
homepage or the project page, either in dead-file or CVS form.  It
would be nice to take a look at the source code.  Also, if you plan on
accepting help from other developers, then access to some sort of SCC
(CVS, SVN, etc) is defacto-required.

Thanks,

~Chris