Re: [xml-dev] Recent allegations about me

Tei wrote:
> But political editing, comercial editing, and other partisan editing
> is discouraged. Because NPOV works better with neutral people behind
> facts and discusions.

I may be missing the context here, but neutral parties are often
incapable of realizing important parts of disputed issues. Ideally,
community based information sources should equally allow supporters of
different views to demonstrate those.

When that occurs in the same chunk of information (i.e. a wikipedia page
or an article elsewhere) the reader(?), enjoys a round-up that allows
the drawing of his or her own conclusions. Well, in theory.

It often the case that a dispute does not occur (only) due to
misinformation or distortion of facts. Some times people simply
appreciate different, conflicting facts or theories over a subject.

Sadly, the only meaningful definition of "neutral" in this case, is
being responsible of including all views and claims in the information
presented. This function, when practiced correctly, naturally results in
bearing the complaints of every side involved.

All the above are generalizations of course, but also my view on the
matter. I have no doubt on Rick's integrity or quality of work. I just
do not really believe the setup serves any real purpose :-)

Kindest regards,

Manos