Re: [xml-dev] When parsing speed matters (was Re: [xml-dev] No XML Binaries? BuyHardware)

> czech, and I remember having a conversation with some cisco people if
> they needed to embed an xslt processor on a chip somewhere on one of
> their 'boxes'. Don't know if they ever got around to releasing their
> own xml appliance.

I don't know if they ever released anything, although I think their AON
stuff did some XML.  At any rate, they just announced their acquisition of
Reactivity.  It will be interesting to see what happens.

> what I personally would find interesting is the potential for the
> basis of a 'semantic' firewall/filter; does IBM allow any development
> on the hardware...I guess this is a question for Rich.

Well I can put you in touch with our business development guy if you want
to talk OEM.  And I suppose we're open to just about anything.  Drop me a
line.

        /r$

PS:  Noah's office is almost directly above mine.  It's one of the
benefits of IBM. :)

--
STSM
Senior Security Architect